- Posting ID:
- Position type:
Saskatchewan Blue Cross ®, one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers is currently recruiting for a Controller to join our Management team in our Saskatoon Office. For over 65 years, Saskatchewan Blue Cross has helped families take care of loved ones, and workplaces take care of employees, through the provision of supplementary health and wellness benefits.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Controller is responsible for the company’s financial systems, internal controls and all aspects of financial reporting both internal and external. They will lead the Accounting team in ensuring that sound administrative and accounting procedures are developed and maintained. They will act as a resource providing financial and analytical expertise across the organization, and will direct and coordinate the company budget process and ensure timely reporting and analysis of financial results.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall management of financial statements, financial reporting and budgets for Saskatchewan Blue Cross and its subsidiary company
- Manage and participate in the development and maintenance of comprehensive administrative and accounting procedures and effective internal controls
- Development of Risk Management plans and strategies, including business continuity planning
- Provides financial, analytical and cost accounting expertise and support across the organization
- Perform cash flow analysis and all aspects of corporate banking
- Coordinate the year end audit process
- Provide leadership and management to the Accounting team including staffing, resource and project planning
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- Stay abreast of industry developments, contemporary issues and best practices for accounting, financial reporting systems, electronic commerce practices, federal and provincial taxation issues through ongoing professional development and research
- Participate on committees as required
- Other related projects or duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Commerce with a professional accounting designation (CPA) and at least 8-10 years related experience
- Demonstrated progressive management and leadership experience
- Experience in evaluating and /or implementing new processes or technology
- Strong working knowledge of computerized financial systems and Microsoft Office applications, with demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics GP and the use of computer based reporting tools (SSRS, SQL, Excel, Access) would be an asset
- Strong technical skills in accounting principles and practices and working knowledge of IFRS
- Health and Life insurance industry experience considered an asset.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to manage change, problem solve and make sound decisions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Highly motivated, self-directed, organized and analytical individual
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and team building skills
- Ability to lead and develop employees and foster an engaging work environment
- The successful candidate may be required to undergo a background check
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
HOW TO APPLY
Our people make the difference. If you enjoy a collaborative environment and are looking for the opportunity to be part of a great team, please submit your resume and cover letter by Tuesday, January 9, 2018, quoting Posting ID S1722.