If you’d like to learn more about purchasing a plan that includes your entire family, including your new baby, we are happy to help walk you through the steps.
A personal health plan for you and your new baby will mean your child is covered for life. You can register your child on an existing policy within 60 days of birth, and avoid having to fill out a medical questionnaire that will identify pre-existing conditions. Even if you are already a group/employer plan member and have dental insurance, you can coordinate benefits on both plans to receive up to 100% coverage.
Why Add Custom Options When Having a Baby?
We will work with you to get your new child covered for any medications they need as they grow and develop. The sooner you get this coverage, the sooner your baby is protected.
Yearly cleanings or specialty dental work for your child can get pricey. Adding this option means that as your baby’s teeth come in, you won’t have to worry about the cost of dental care.
After your child is released from the hospital after birth, if they are admitted to hospital, you can be eligible for cash payments for the days they are in hospital care. This option also helps a new mother who has to spend some extra time at the hospital.
Everyone, near and far, is going to want to meet your new addition! If you’re planning on travelling to a different province or another country with your baby in tow, this add-on is a great way to keep everyone safe and healthy on the road.
Kids will be kids and sometimes accidents and injuries can happen. This benefit adds an element of financial protection once your child is in school.
The lump sum payment means you don’t have to worry about money and can focus on taking care of those you love. Critical illness insurance is available from the time your newborn is 15 days old.
Protect the whole family by including your newborn in your life insurance policy. Add up to $100,000 of life insurance, plus an optional $10,000 for each dependant child. Apply before you’re 55, and renew up to age 70.
Here’s what you need to know.
Some employers don’t offer group/employer coverage the whole time you’re on maternity leave. Check with your employer and if you’re not covered, ensure your benefits continue by getting a personal health plan with us.
Call us within 60 days!
Call us within 60 days of your child’s birth and your baby will automatically qualify for the same coverage as the parent(s). No need to apply to have your baby added, or to fill out a medical questionnaire.
You must have existing coverage for eight months prior to your maternity claim in order to receive benefits for maternity related expenses such as morning sickness medication or hospital expenses.
More than one plan might be helpful.
You can coordinate benefits between plans, using the different plans to cover up to 100% of your health costs. For example, a group/employer plan may cover 80% of an expense and you could use your personal family plan to cover the remaining 20% that wasn’t covered by your group/employer plan. For details, go to Coordination of Benefits.
Travelling while pregnant.
Your personal health insurance plan may cover you for unexpected medical emergencies while travelling until your 32nd week of pregnancy. Travel insurance does not cover medical treatment for you or your baby after the 32nd week. Travel insurance also does not normally cover medical emergencies relating to pre-existing conditions that you may have had up to three to six months prior to travel. Please read your policy carefully or contact us directly – we’re happy to help.
Don’t forget to hang on to the Policy booklet so you can access it should you need it in the future.