Free Mental Health Services & Support for all Canadians
To support mental well-being through the COVID-19 crisis, Blue Cross has joined as a sponsor of Stronger Minds by BEACON - a free digital program available for all Canadians. Stronger Minds offers day-to-day guidance from BEACON's team of clinical psychologists and access to videos, quick read and resilience-building activities.
We have options for every stage of life.
- Getting MarriedWhen you combine two separate lives into one household, it is a good time to look at your health insurance plans.Learn More
- Having a BabyCounting down the days until your bundle of joy arrives is such an exciting time. Let us help you prepare.Learn More
- Job ChangesGrowing your career, starting a new job or preparing for retirement can be an exciting and uncertain time. We can help!Learn More
- RetiringYou have worked hard to get to this stage in life and now you can spend time enjoying all that life can offer.Learn More
- Family ChangesNo matter how your family changes, we can help you adjust your plan to ensure everyone has the coverage they need.Learn More
Here are the top ones we hear.
Why was my claim denied?
Check your Explanation of Benefits. If your claim was denied there should be an explanation in the comments section. Claims can be denied for a variety of reasons such as:
- Reaching the maximum amount available on your plan
- The benefit is not covered under your plan
- We do not have enough information to finish processing your claim
If you still have questions or require more details give us a call.
How long do I have to submit a claim?
You can submit a claim one year from date of service.
Will my personal policy rates increase if I submit a claim?
Rates won’t increase if you use the plan. It is not like car or house insurance where rates increase if you make a claim