Whether you’re planning a much-deserved tropical vacation, visiting family in another province or country, or heading off on a business trip, you can customize your travel insurance to meet your needs.
Stress-free travel insurance plans
Travel with peace of mind. When you choose travel insurance from Saskatchewan Blue Cross, you can rest assured that your needs will be taken care of in a medical emergency.
Annual plan details
If you travel frequently, you need international travel insurance that will be there for you every time you leave the province. The Annual Plan offers coverage that lasts all year, so you won’t need to purchase a new plan every time you travel.
- Choose a trip duration that works for you
- Coverage for an unlimited number of trips
- Add an optional deductible
How it works The Annual plan includes coverage for an unlimited number of trips taken during a 12-month period.
- You choose from various maximum trip duration options, including trips 4, 8, 17, 31, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180 days long
- Enjoy coverage for an unlimited number of trips, each of which can be up to your chosen duration
- If you want to take a trip longer than your chosen maximum, you can add days of coverage any time before your plan expires
- Choose to add optional deductibles to reduce premium costs or include optional coverage add-ons for Accidental Death or Dismemberment
Individual plan details
An Individual Travel Plan offers the perfect coverage for those who save their travels for one yearly trip. Plans are customized to match the needs of each individual trip by selecting only the travel insurance benefits you need.
- Custom coverage for every trip
- Reduced rates for travel within Canada
- Add an optional deductible
How it works
- Customize your coverage for an individual trip. For example, if you’re taking a couple’s getaway, purchase coverage for just the two of you, then worry about coverage for the whole family for the next trip
- Add an optional deductible to reduce your premium cost or include coverage for Accidental Death or Dismemberment
- Travelling within Canada only? Enjoy the same great coverage at reduced rates so you can explore Canada with peace of mind. Apply now and select ‘Canada’ as your country of destination to see available options
VIP Travel plan details
Personal Health Plan members can add this exclusive benefit to their plan for coverage for frequent travel. Plan members can travel where they want, when they want, up to a maximum of 30 days per trip.
- Lost or damaged baggage and post-departure trip interruption benefits
- Exclusively available to Personal Health Plan members
How it works
- Receive coverage for 30 consecutive days of travel, with an unlimited number of trips per year
- Lost or damaged baggage and post-departure trip interruption benefits are included
- Add days of coverage for trips longer than 30 days with a Top-Up to VIP Travel
If you have an Annual or Individual travel insurance plan from Saskatchewan Blue Cross:
- You can add days of coverage to your Annual or Individual Travel Plan any time before the end of the original coverage period.
- Additional days of coverage use the same set of rules as the benefits included in your original Annual or Individual Travel Plan contract.
- Contact our Customer Service team at 1-866-667-6853 to extend your coverage.
If you have a VIP Travel or Group travel insurance plan from Saskatchewan Blue Cross:
- You can use a Top-Up Travel plan to add additional days of coverage to the duration of the travel insurance coverage included in your VIP Travel or Group Travel plan from Saskatchewan Blue Cross.
- The Top-Up Travel plan offers our Emergency Medical Care and 24/7 Travel Assistance benefits. No Accidental Death or Dismemberment add-on is available under this plan.
- The Top-Up Travel Plan used to complete your existing Saskatchewan Blue Cross VIP Travel or Group Travel plan’s coverage must be purchased before the date of departure for your trip or, at the latest, before the expiry date of your existing Saskatchewan Blue Cross VIP Travel or Group Travel coverage.
- Contact our Customer Service team at 1-866-667-6853 to extend your existing coverage with Top-Up.
If you have travel insurance through a credit card, another group insurance plan or another insurance carrier
- You can use the Top-Up Travel Plan to add additional days of coverage to the duration of a travel insurance coverage held with another insurance company, such as a credit card coverage or a group insurance travel plan.
- The Top-Up Travel Plan offers our Emergency Medical Care benefit and our 24/7 Travel Assistance. No add-on is available under this insurance plan.
- The Top-Up Travel Plan used to complete another insurance company’s travel coverage must be purchased before the date of departure for your trip.
- Contact our Customer Service team at 1-866-667-6853 to purchase before leaving your province of residence.
- You must confirm with your original insurance carrier that your coverage is eligible to be topped up with Saskatchewan Blue Cross’s Top-Up Travel Plan.
Contact your local broker or our Customer Service team for more information.
Stay covered, wherever you’re headed
Every travel insurance plan includes:
- $5 million for Emergency Medical Care per trip, including coverage for hospitalization fees and professional fees for nurses, physicians and other health professionals for emergency medical treatment and care
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental treatment as a result of an accident
- Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses for a relative coming to your bedside if you are hospitalized for more than seven days
- Up to $3,000 with an Annual or Individual plan or up to $1,500 with a VIP Travel plan for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency
- 24/7 access to Travel Assistance
24/7 travel assistance
Experiencing a medical emergency abroad can be stressful, but you can rest assured knowing you’re well looked after. If you’re travelling and experience an unforeseen illness or accident, contact Blue Cross Travel Assistance Services within 24 hours to open a case. Their first-response team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, ready to offer support when you need it.
Proud supporters of Make a Wish Saskatchewan
When a travel wish is granted through Make a Wish Saskatchewan, we’re there to help the courageous children and their families travel with peace of mind with travel insurance coverage from Saskatchewan Blue Cross.