Investing in community
Saskatchewan Blue Cross takes pride in contributing to and participating in local events and initiatives that bring people together and make our communities strong and vibrant.
Event & Organization Sponsorship Program
Through our event and organization sponsorship program, we are actively supporting the communities in which we live and work, strengthening local economies and improving the overall quality of life of our members, employees, brokers and communities across Saskatchewan.
Apply for support
Event & Organization Sponsorship Program Eligibility Requirements
To successfully receive funding from the Event & Organization Sponsorship Program at Saskatchewan Blue Cross, your application should include as many of the aspects below as possible:
- Provide measurable marketing and brand awareness (may come in the form of naming rights, event signage and activation, web and social mentions, media announcements, and other marketing collateral)
- Provide an opportunity for Saskatchewan Blue Cross employees to network, host members, engage, volunteer, participate or interact with attendees
- Provide Saskatchewan Blue Cross member perks (e.g. discounts, memberships, tickets to events, hosting opportunities and more)
- Benefit the province of Saskatchewan, or a community within Saskatchewan
- Align with Saskatchewan Blue Cross’ mission, vision and values
Associations/Groups who may apply:
- Non-profit and charitable organizations
- Boards of Trade or Chambers of Commerce
- Business, industry or member-based associations
- Trade associations, advocacy organizations and professional organizations
Events we typically see apply:
- Fundraising events, award programs and galas
- Golf tournaments
- Conferences, forums, trade shows, conventions, seminars
While we would love to support all requests, we do have sponsorship limitations. Please note that we typically do not consider requests for:
- Programs with a specific religious focus
- Political organizations
- Amateur sports teams, recreational events, competitions or tournaments
- Private or personal events
- Lobbying or advocacy work
- Organizations previously convicted of fraud or involved in illegal activity
- Projects that do not fit SBC’s brand image
- Applications for trips or excursions (even for charitable purposes)
- Playground, daycare or playschool funding
- Animal-related initiatives
- Operating costs, contingency funds or deficit funding
If your request is not a fit for funding through the Event & Organization Sponsorship Program, it may still qualify for funding under our Community Investment Program.
- All funding requests must be submitted through our easy-to-follow online application form. No email, phone or paper submissions will be accepted.
- Applications are open and requests are reviewed regularly throughout the year. You will be contacted directly with the result and next steps. Rest assured; we will respond to all applications either way.
- We advise that you submit your application as soon as possible. Please allow as much time as possible between the submission date, and when a response is required.
Please note some requests may meet all criteria but be declined due to time or budget constraints, or because we are supporting your cause in another way. Please contact us if you have questions.
Just some of the organizations we support
The Achieving Business Excellence (ABEX) Awards are the highest award for Saskatchewan business and continue to celebrate the success of businesses and business leaders across the province.
Saskatchewan Blue Cross Gardenscape is the first sign of spring in Saskatoon — a paradise bursting with vibrant blooms!
Insurance Brokers Association of Saskatchewan (IBAS)
IBAS is a voluntary, membership-based organization, comprised of more than 95 per cent of all independent insurance brokers across the province.
National Philanthropy Day
A celebration to recognize the countless ways philanthropy has made a difference and honouring those working to support our communities.
The “BBA’s” are all about celebrating the achievements and accomplishments of our peers. In total 14 distinguished awards are presented in a variety of categories.
Saskatchewan Roughriders Kid Captain Contest
Enter today for the chance for your child to be a Kid Captain at a Saskatchewan Roughrider home game.
SYPE Silver Spades
The Silver Spades Awards is an opportunity to recognize young professionals and entrepreneurs that strive to make Saskatchewan a better place to live and do business.
WESK Summit Gala
WESK’s annual entrepreneurship conference. This action-packed event is your opportunity to collaborate with women entrepreneurs and corporate executives who mean business.