What would an insurance broker do for me?
When you’re in the market for insurance, it can be tough to access the information you’re looking for, and it can be a lot of work to get quotes and compare options from multiple insurers to find the most suitable coverage and best price.
An insurance broker or advisor does the work of finding the right insurance plan for you. Brokers don’t work for the insurance company – they represent you. An insurance broker isn’t bound to one company and its policies. They have a broader knowledge of the products and services offered by variety of carriers and do the “shopping around” for you.
Brokers are trained insurance experts who analyze your needs and recommend coverage that best matches your budget and needs. Your insurance broker will work with you to secure the best policy possible for your unique needs, keep your policy up to date as your needs change, and answer questions about your policy and types of coverage that are available.
How do I know if I should work with an insurance broker?
How you buy insurance is a personal choice, but insurance brokers can be a huge help for individuals, couples, families and business owners who:
- Want to shop around with multiple insurers without investing their own time and resources.
- Want to thoroughly understand the “ins and outs” of their policy, such as exclusions and limitations.
- Need insurance for business (ie: group benefits for their employees, equipment, property, etc.)
- Have multiple homes, cars, properties etc.
- Have an interest in accumulating and protecting wealth and assets
- Need help determining which plan best meets their coverage needs
- Want a personal relationship with someone who is invested in their personal needs now, and in the future.
How do I know if I’ve found the right insurance broker for me?
A good insurance broker or advisor will do a thorough needs analysis, determine your immediate and long-term coverage needs and make a recommendation suitable to your goals and budget.
Your insurance broker should always act with your best interest in mind. They should be honest with you in their areas of expertise and license credentials. If you have a question that’s out of their realm of expertise, or you need coverage that they aren’t authorized to promote or provide, they should act with honesty and integrity and recommend another avenue to explore.
How do I find an insurance broker in my area?
Now that you know what an insurance broker or advisor can do for you, visit our Find a Broker tool to use our directory of licensed and qualified brokers within Saskatchewan. Our network of brokers is readily available to service your personal health, travel and/or group benefit plan needs.
Back to Insurance Basics