Frequently Asked Questions: Health
Do you cover virtual services provided by my healthcare practitioner?
Many health professionals are now offering virtual services to continue to meet their customers’ needs. If your plan covers the medical practitioners listed below*, we will accept claims for virtual assessments or therapies performed, provided they are a licensed and approved provider in Canada. These claims can be submitted the same way as conventional in-person treatments and will be reviewed according to the rules of your plan.
- Occupational Therapist
- Psychologist/Counsellor/Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Speech-Language Pathologist
*Please note: This list is dynamic and may change as we continue to evaluate other health professionals considering virtual health services. Please check back for updates.
For professions where conventional in-person assessments or therapies are more essential, such as where direct physical interventions or treatments may be required, most clinics and offices remain accessible on an urgent (emergency) basis.
What resources are available to support mental wellness?
We're here for you. We know that this has been a challenging time for so many Canadians, and that the stress and uncertainty of a global pandemic can have a major impact on mental health.
We've joined as a sponsor of Stronger Minds by BEACON® to help provide mental health guidance and emotional support, available to all Canadians. Learn more about the free digital program here.
We understand during uncertain and challenging times our mental wellness can be impacted. We encourage anyone experiencing severe stress, anxiety or depression during this time to seek local counseling support programs and services provided by the province.
- Visit www.worksafesask.ca for tools and tips to manage your mental health through COVID-19 or call the Healthline-811 for support services in your area.
- If your plan includes access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program, remember that these services and resources are available to you, whenever and wherever they need it.
- To help navigate this stressful time, we have put together a few blog posts relating to COVID-19 and wellness. Read our blog for tips on how to take care of yourself during these stressful and uncertain times.