1. Life Plan Benefits*
Choose coverage of $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 or customize to meet the needs of your organization. The amount applies to all Life Plan benefits.
- Lump sum payment in the amount of coverage chosen to the named beneficiary in the event of death
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Lump sum payment in the amount of coverage chosen to the named beneficiary in the event of death by accident
Critical Illness Insurance
- Lump sum payment in the amount of coverage chosen to help cope with a severe critical illness or disease
- Eligible conditions: Life threatening cancer, severe heart attack, *severe stroke, Alzheimer’s Disease, blindness, burns, coma, deafness, loss of speech, major organ failure, major organ failure requiring transplant, *motor neurone disease, *Multiple Sclerosis, *paralysis, Parkinson’s Disease and senile dementia.
- These four conditions must also result in the inability to perform at least two of the five Activities of Daily Living without assistance, i.e., eating, dressing, bathing, ambulation or toileting
- $10,000 employee/$2,000 spouse/$1,000 child OR
$25,000 employee/$5,000 spouse/$2,500 child OR
$50,000 employee/$10,000 spouse/$5,000 child
2. Dependent Life*
$5,000 spouse/$2,500 child OR
$10,000 spouse/$5,000 child
3. Short Term Disability*
Short-term Disability insurance provides weekly benefits for up to 17 weeks at 66.67% of weekly earnings.
4. Long Term Disability*
Long-Term Disability insurance provides monthly benefits for disabilities lasting 4 months or longer at 66.67% of monthly earnings.
5. Online Doctors
- Connect plan members and their families with Canadian-licensed general practitioners in under five minutes
- Access anytime, anywhere
- Offering virtual care results in reduced absenteeism, increased engagement and satisfaction, and enhanced productivity
- Connected by Maple
*This website contains an overview of Blue Essentials Group Plans offered by Saskatchewan Blue Cross. It is not intended as a contract or policy, nor a complete description of all benefits. Critical Illness, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Term Life, Student Accident & Life and Disability benefits are underwritten by Blue Cross Life Insurance Company of Canada®, an independent licensee of the Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans.