If you would like to add dental coverage and other medical care options to your personal plan, choose from the following list to create a customized health coverage that works best for you and your lifestyle.
If you are leaving an Employer Benefits Plan contact us for specific Conversion Plan details which are different from those set out below and to discuss your options.
1. Prescription Drugs
Make sure you don’t have to worry about the cost of prescriptions you may need in the future.
- 80% coverage of prescribed drugs listed in the Saskatchewan Prescription Drug Plan Formulary
- Contraceptives now included
- Unlimited coverage
- Convenient pharmacy-direct payment.
Have the healthy smile you want without the added expense. Get your dental coverage early, before you require intensive dental work.
|After 6 months||75%||Basic||$750|
|After 1 year||80%
|After 2 years or more||80%
- Pay-direct dental services
- Basic dental services include procedures such as examinations, x-rays, tests, cleaning, fillings, root canals, oral surgery, denture repairs, etc.
- Major dental services include inlays, onlays, crowns, dentures, bridges, and some orthodontic services
*Dental benefits are subject to a 6-month waiting period.
3. Hospital Cash
Ease the financial strain of an unplanned hospital visit with our hospital cash option.
- Provides financial help to meet expenses due to hospitalization
- Under age 65 – $100 per day, up to 50 consecutive days of hospitalization
- Age 65 and over – $100 per day, up to 30 consecutive days of hospitalization
- Benefits begin on:
- 1st day of hospitalization due to an accident
- 4th day of hospitalization due to an illness
- 8th day of hospitalization due to maternity
4. VIP Travel
Take as many trips as you like, and enjoy travel insurance coverage up to 30 days per trip, anywhere outside of Saskatchewan. If you’re going away for more than 30 days top it up with our Daily Travel Insurance.
- Coverage up to 30 consecutive days per trip with no limit on the number of trips
- $5 million in emergency hospital and health benefits while travelling outside of Saskatchewan, with no deductible
- Travel Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- $100,000 in air flight and common carrier accident insurance
- Up to $1,000 for trip interruption
- Up to $1,000 for baggage and personal effects
- Up to $1,500 for meals and accommodations if trip is delayed due to injury or health issues
5. Student Accident
Keep your school-aged student covered year-round, even while travelling. We even cover tutoring in the event that your child is unable to attend school because of an accident.
- Year-round accident coverage for students
- Out-of-province treatment and special treatment travel expense
- Dread disease, confinement, and rehabilitation
- Fracture and dislocation indemnity
- Travel accident emergency expenses
- Total and permanent disability
- Tutorial benefit
- Optional Double-Up Indemnity Insurance for accidental dismemberment and for total and permanent disability
6. Critical Illness*
A critical illness can be a terrible shock. We provide lump sum cash payments to help cope with the diagnosis and results of chronic illness or sudden health changes.
- Provides a lump-sum cash payment to help cope with a severe critical illness or condition resulting from disease
- Eligible health conditions: severe heart attack, severe stroke, life-threatening cancer, Alzheimer's disease, coma, major organ failure, major organ failure requiring transplant, motor neurone disease, paralysis, senile dementia, blindness, deafness, loss of speech, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and severe burns
|Person Covered:||Level 1||Level 2|
7. Term Life Insurance*
Add up to $100,000 in life insurance coverage, plus an optional $10,000 for each dependent child. Apply up to age 55; renew up to age 70.
- $25,000 to $100,000 coverage
- Discounted rates for non-smokers
- Apply up to age 55; renew up to age 70
- Optional $10,000 coverage for each dependent child
*Critical Conditions and Term Life Insurance benefits are underwritten by Blue Cross Life Insurance Company of Canada.