Enhancing Member Experiences: New Personal Health Plan Member Portal Launches
Saskatchewan Blue Cross proudly announced today the launch of a new proprietary Personal Health Plan Member Portal. The Member Portal provides members with a user-friendly way to manage their health plans online, submit claims quickly, navigate their plan with ease, and access a high-level view of their coverage. This new member-centric service is one of many introductions planned by Saskatchewan Blue Cross in 2021.
“Providing exceptional member experiences is at the core of who we are at Saskatchewan Blue Cross,” says Megan Douglas, VP of Customer Relations & External Affairs. “We’ve spent a lot of time listening to what our members want from us and are on a journey to deliver a series of enhanced and new experiences to better address their needs and strengthen our relationships with them. Today we introduced an essential self-service experience to our valued Personal Health Plan members, and it’s just the start of what we have in store this year.”
The new Member Portal provides streamlined access to everything Personal Health Plan members need to manage their plan. Members can:
- Submit claims: Submit a claim in seconds and check on the status of claims already submitted.
- View policy documents: View related policy documents within the Member Portal with the click of a button.
- Update personal information: Use the “My Information” function to update personal information, including the address and contact information of everyone on their policy.
- Manage banking preferences: Pay premiums online using credit card and receive reimbursements direct to a bank account with direct deposit.
- Retrieve income tax receipts: View and download income tax receipts for the 2019 and 2020 coverage periods.
“The Member Portal is the first phase of a planned evolution at Saskatchewan Blue Cross,” says Douglas. “We look forward to adding more enhancements to meet member needs in the months ahead.”
Personal Health Plan members can access the Member Portal at portal.sk.bluecross.ca.
About Saskatchewan Blue Cross
For 75 years, Saskatchewan Blue Cross® has been committed to delivering exceptional health and wellness benefits, travel insurance and life insurance solutions to Saskatchewan residents and employers. A locally based, not-for-profit organization, it’s recognized as one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, one of the Top 100 Companies in Saskatchewan, one of Canada’s Top 100 Brands (as part of the Canadian Association of Blue Cross® Plans), and proudly supports the wellbeing of more than 130,000 members. With a mission to empower communities on their journey to whole health and wellness, and a vision for a future of lifelong health and wellbeing for every person in Saskatchewan, this team is committed to advancing and benefiting the communities they call home. Learn more at: sk.bluecross.ca.
Cheryl de Villiers
Director, Customer Experience | Marketing
Saskatchewan Blue Cross