Flight Delay Service
Included at no extra cost, Flight Delay Service provides you a range of benefits if your flight is delayed to relieve the stress of travelling to your destination. You’ll have complimentary access to an airport lounge or even a hotel room, depending on the length of the delay.
Benefits of Flight Delay Service
You’ll receive the following benefits if your flight is delayed:
- 3 hours or more: You’ll have complimentary access to an airport lounge. If no lounge is available; or if it’s overbooked, you’ll receive $40 compensation per person.
- 6 hours or more: You’ll have access to a hotel room and $50 allowance per person. If no hotel room is available, you’ll receive compensation of $250 per travel insurance contract.
How it works
Once you’ve registered, our system tracks your flight in real time. If your flight is delayed, you’ll receive a text message (SMS) or e-mail telling you how to benefit from the service.
- Notifications of flight delays
- Coupons for the lounge and hotel
- Notifications of funds transfer
Getting started with Flight Delay Service
Step 1: Create an account at flightdelayservice.ca.
Step 2: Register your flight details. You’ll need the names of all insured persons, your flight information and insurance contract number.
Step 3: Choose a fund transfer method for the payment of any allowances.