Flight Delay Service
Included at no extra cost, Flight Delay Service provides you a range of benefits if your flight is delayed to relieve the stress of travelling to your destination. You’ll have complimentary access to an airport lounge or even a hotel room, depending on the length of the delay.
Get started with Flight Delay Service
Already insured with Blue Cross?
Register your flight now to benefit from our Flight Delay Service.
Interested in Flight Delay Service?
Explore travel insurance plans and get a quote for coverage.
Benefits of Flight Delay Service
You’ll receive the following benefits if your flight is delayed:
- 3 hours or more: You’ll have complimentary access to an airport lounge. If no lounge is available; or if it’s overbooked, you’ll receive $40 compensation per person.
- 6 hours or more: You’ll have access to a hotel room and $50 allowance per person. If no hotel room is available, you’ll receive compensation of $250 per travel insurance contract.
How it works
Once you’ve registered, our system tracks your flight in real time. If your flight is delayed, you’ll receive a text message (SMS) or e-mail telling you how to benefit from the service.
- Notifications of flight delays
- Coupons for the lounge and hotel
- Notifications of funds transfer
Getting started with Flight Delay Service
Step 1: Create an account at flightdelayservice.ca.
Step 2: Register your flight details. You’ll need the names of all insured persons, your flight information and insurance contract number.
Step 3: Choose a fund transfer method for the payment of any allowances.