Saskatchewan Blue Cross® announced today additional travel insurance enhancements for individuals to help make travel plans easier. These enhancements include flight delay service, trip cancellation or interruption, package combinations, travel insurance for visitors to Canada, and more.
“We’re committed to ensuring our travel insurance plans cover the needs of those we serve. Whether you’re planning a much-deserved vacation, visiting loved ones in another province or country, or heading off on a business trip, it’s essential you have peace of mind while you’re away from home,” said President and CEO, Shelley Vandenberg. “The expansion of our travel insurance plan options to include new flight delay services along with other exciting enhancements gives those traveling the protection they deserve from unexpected events.”
New additions to Saskatchewan Blue Cross travel plans include:
- Flight Delay Service: Up until one hour ahead of your scheduled departure, individuals can register for this service and receive airport lounge and/or hotel access depending on the length of the delay.
- Trip cancellation or interruption: Covers non-refundable travel costs if you need to cancel your trip or interrupt your stay unexpectedly.
- Baggage: Protects against delay, loss, theft or damage to your baggage during your trip.
- Package Plus and Canada Package options: Ready-to-go combinations of our most popular travel coverages, for trips within Canada or anywhere in the world.
- Visitors to Canada: A plan that offers emergency medical care coverage to tourists visiting from another country, immigrants or permanent residents awaiting coverage by a public health insurance plan, foreign workers or students, super visa applicants and holders or to Canadian citizens returning home after a long absence.
These enhancements are in addition to existing Saskatchewan Blue Cross travel plans, which include features such as emergency medical care, accidental death or dismemberment coverage, and 24/7 access to travel assistance. The new enhancements are available as supplementary coverage purchases for Group Travel and VIP Travel plans.
For the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ll be covered if the unexpected happens, get a quote or purchase your travel insurance online at sk.bluecross.ca/travel today.
About Saskatchewan Blue Cross
For more than 75 years, Saskatchewan Blue Cross® has been committed to delivering exceptional health and wellness benefits, travel insurance and life insurance solutions to Saskatchewan residents and employers. A locally based, not-for-profit organization, it’s recognized as one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, one of the Top 100 Companies in Saskatchewan, one of Canada’s Top 100 Brands (as part of the Canadian Association of Blue Cross® Plans), and proudly supports the wellbeing of more than 130,000 members. With a mission to empower communities on their journey to whole health and wellness, and a vision for a future of lifelong health and wellbeing for every person in Saskatchewan, this team is committed to advancing and benefiting the communities they call home. Learn more at sk.bluecross.ca.
Cheryl de Villiers
Director, | Marketing and External Affairs
Saskatchewan Blue Cross