For information about what our Annual and Individual Travel Plans cover during the COVID-19 pandemic, click here.
Travel where you want, when you want, worry-free. Choose the Annual plan if you prefer to take multiple trips per year.
Choose a maximum trip duration between 4 and 180 days. This plan will cover you for an unlimited number of trips per year, up to your chosen maximum number of days per trip.
Customize your coverage to each individual trip you take. Choose the Individual plan for single-trip coverage.
This plan is ideal if you like to take one trip per year or if your needs change from trip to trip. It can be tailored to fit the needs of each individual adventure.
Every plan includes:
- $5 million for Emergency Medical Care per trip
- Hospitalization fees
- Professional fees for nurses, physicians and other health professionals for emergency medical treatment and care
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental treatment as a result of an accident
- Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses for a relative coming to your bedside if you are hospitalized for more than 7 days
- Up to $3,000 for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency
- 24/7 access to Travel Assistance
Emergency medical care includes coverage for hospitalization fees, medical & paramedical expenses, prescriptions, treatments & diagnostic services, medical appliances, emergency dental care, transportation costs & repatriation, subsistence allowance, medical follow-up in Canada, and automatic extension of coverage.
General Assistance: We can help you manage and work your way through difficult situations like theft or lost documents.
Pre-trip Assistance: We offer a wide range of essential information for problem-free travels, regardless of your destination:
- Travel advice and advisories from the Government of Canada
- Visas and other required travel documents
- Recommended vaccinations
Medical Assistance: The Blue Cross travel assistance team is available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our team will provide the support and help you need, whatever the medical emergency.
- Recommend a doctor, clinic or hospital best suited to provide appropriate care for your medical condition.
- Obtain medical information from your family physician prior to beginning a treatment.
- Follow-up of your case by our health professionals, regardless of your age and diagnosis.
- Coordinate repatriation by ground or air ambulance, or on a regular ﬂight.
- Contact your family upon request, in the event of an emergency.
- Arrange for a family member to travel and be at your side should you be hospitalized for seven days or more.
Coverage add-on for accidental loss of life or dismemberment in public transportation or under any other circumstances.
Coverage add-on for accidental loss of life or dismemberment while traveling in an aircraft, or in situations related to air travel.
Why do Snowbirds choose Blue Cross travel insurance?
- Optional deductibles on emergency medical care costs. Where possible, we arrange payment directly with the hospital.
- Coverage valid for all family members even when travelling separately.
- Travel breaks allowing occasional return home.
- Some pre-existing conditions may be covered for greater peace of mind. (Refer to your Travel Insurance Policy for full details).
- A BlueCross® BlueShieldⴕ®Association partner - the largest medical network in the United States. We also partner with assistance service providers worldwide.
- 24/7 Travel assistance available for any emergency, anywhere you travel.